Bits of useful Gaming software!

F

Fi$hy

DO NOT INSTALL UNTIL YOU'VE READ THE REST OF MY POSTS!

Along with ATC for BF2
http://www.foolishentertainment.com/index.asp?p=2&s=6
For those of you that don't have it!

Another bit of useful software I've come across is Teamspeak Overlay. I used to use this program with great sucess with COD1. Basically T.S Overlay causes a small bit of text to appear in one of the corners of the screen.

The Text itself looks like a console's FPS reading,constantly running, the software functions like BF2's VOIP, as in, when someone speaks their name appears in small text at the top. Letting you know who is speaking!!

When there are some people actually on teamspeak, i'll test it out with BF2, but I can confirm that it definatly works with COD1, Bf42 BfV.

Unfortunetly there is no-linux port which might be an issue.

But with no further adieu : http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/

I shall post back later with BF2 results :p

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
But with no further adieu

I think you probably mean "But with no further ado". ;)

Is this software how everyone knows who is speaking even in games? I've always wondered that 'cause I'm crap at telling who is saying what (unless it's Haven or Bambi, for some reason).

F

Fi$hy

Yes it is usually, or at least when playing cod.
Unfortunetly I just tried it with Bf2 and got kicked via PB, something about two direct X's???

(overlay has something to do with direct x, i'll try changing settings)

F

Fi$hy

Right, from the support page:

You will need TSO Build #58 or greater for Battlefield: Vietnam / Battlefield 2 support.

To Enable support, select the "Debug" Tab in the Options menu, then tick "Use Alternative DirectX Method". You may have to turn this off again for some games.

So it now works lol. The reason for PB kicking is without the alternative method, PB thinks you have connected twice to the same server (which would give you two viewpoints in the map)

F

Fi$hy

Ok firstly, what T.S Overlay looks like in game (sorry about crappy Jpeg!)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/stupidregistration/Screenshot.jpg

WARNING
There's a major issue that's happened to me, that isn't t.s overlay's fault cause of EA's shoddy programming.

Anyway along with the resolved PB issue.
Ocassionally when BF2 is quit with T.S overlay running, the memory stays active (in that the .exe file is still active in task manager) thus in order to quit BF2 properlly and start a new game, you have to kill it (Bf2.exe - end process) via task manager.

More of an annoying niggle than anything, and it seems to have stopped happening to me, but still irritating!

(also, hats off to midgert and twisto for being un-paid demonstrators as to how it works ingame!)

F

Fi$hy

On a seperate thing, does anyone know of a file type other than JPEG, that'll improve the quality but keep the file smaller than half a meg??

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Try GIF. Or PNG. Or just make sure you don't drop the quality on your JPEG quite so much... though if you're doing that then you may as well use GIF.