Google Earth

KillCrazy

Was just taking a gander on google earth (which I haven't been on for a few weeks) and I've noticed that a lot of the UK (and probably the rest of the world) has been greatly updated with some new high resolution images. Glasgow is actually completely covered now along with many other cities of course :p

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up, it's looking good!

Twisto

Cheers for the update mate.
Blimey, it looks even better than the old version.
OOOH! It has a more upto date picture.
About 18 months to 2 years old I think.

Pubic_Warrior

In Cryo Sleep
some korean general dude has complained about google earth because you can supposidly see a "top secret" air base on it

if you go ova iraq u mite get a BF2 commanders look at things lol :)
see how our boys are doin out there, kickin some arse proberly

F

Fi$hy

mmm unfortunetly it looks like the photo's are a bit out of date.

Portsmouth for example, has photo's of Gypsy carrivans in the field near my sailing centre. that was ages ago (pre war in Iraq)

Similarily with Iraq, the baghdad central airport is in civillian hands in the photo, indicating it was pre-war.

However there is a military airstrip nearby, but those are probably Iraqi' jets.

If you're looking for US troops, best place to head would probably be the imagery of Afghanistan (considering the timings of the pics) UK troops would be pretty hard to spot considering the relative proportion in the "coalition of yeeee-haw" or whatever it's called.