[TF2] [Mar. 11 '09] Team Fortress Wednesdays

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
The TF2 server is back up after the latest set of patches so we could seed there if we chose. It's running the newer maps at the moment, excluding ctf_turbine because D says he hates that one. Happy to take requests, however.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Turbine is a bit... crap 2bh and I'd also argue that granary and fastlane are a bit pishy too.

And ignore bob if he starts moaning on about payload maps ;-)

Nanor

Either way it should be good fun. Do we have anything in the way of Admin Mods, voting systems or messages?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Currently they are all disabled. We had BeetleMod or some such but I hosed it while trying to fix the unfixable segfaults. Now there is nothing.

Happy for another admin to look at reinstating, or going for something different (SourceMod?).

Gizmo-5

In Cryo Sleep
winbombs are win

Lot of people have been saying that the sandman is an indirect nerf on offensive heavying, while i might agree, the sandman is more of a crutch than an M60ing raygun of amneisia death, i can see how payload heavies could have a real rage over 1 to many bonks to the noggin.

real bitch to use though, and i do miss my double jump.

only maps i dont really like are hydro and 2fort atleast turbine allows for more fun in the middle.

see you there!

Gizmo-5

In Cryo Sleep
Silly psisoldier, i know my scout! :P

Fan is nice and can kill rapidly especially when you chuck in the pistol, but getting the bat specific achievements is all in all easier using the scattergun. (IME)