Shoutbox issues

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah we're aware of them. Last night spent a good few hours trying to get all the bits of PHP that we use playing nice after an outage. The end result was that we are now using PHP 5.4 (previously PHP 5.3 which segfaults atm) and that memcached support has been removed on the forums (because it wont compile against PHP 5.4).

Unfortunately the board runs some fairly old PHP code and so we're seeing the limits of that code being exceeded with PHP 5.4. I'll have another go at figuring out whats segfaulting PHP 5.3 when I get some time later today. The other thing its worth considering is that its time to upgrade the board rather than clinging on to PHP 5.3 (assuming I can get it working).

Xarlaxas

Just want to add that I just posted in the Neptune's Pride thread and found that the text won't appear, so the issue might be spreading out of the shoutbox. . . .

Xarlaxas

Tried making a new post, that worked!

Will see if editing the old post behaves now (it didn't the first time I tried).

Editing the old one worked, then it went blank when I corrected it, then it worked again. . . .

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
I had a dream where everyone's posts were blank and I didn't have to read them. It was the best.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Code:
<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 12:29</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_2', 'Ronin Storm');"><span style="color:red;">Ronin Storm</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 12:24</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_329', 'Razaak');"><span style="color:dodgerblue;">Razaak</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 12:22</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_2', 'Ronin Storm');"><span style="color:red;">Ronin Storm</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 12:22</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_2', 'Ronin Storm');"><span style="color:red;">Ronin Storm</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 12:00</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_47', 'thatbloke');"><span style="color:limegreen;">thatbloke</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 11:59</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_246', 'Traxata');"><span style="color:green;">Traxata</span></a>: </div>

<div style="padding-top: 1px; padding-bottom: 1px;" class="smallfont">[<span class="time">Today 11:53</span>] <a href="#" onclick="return InfernoShoutbox.open_pm_tab('pm_2', 'Ronin Storm');"><span style="color:red;">Ronin Storm</span></a>: </div>

So the infernoshout.php file is just sending blank lines out. Am getting it still.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's screwing up the fetches (and sometimes the saves) to the database. I'll chat with Haven some more about it.

Huung

It seems even when the shoutbox appears blank, any custom URLs still show up with most of their code, but not with the custom name given to them.

Ie.
link just appears as:
="http://google.co.uk"]link[/URL]

I assume it's all related and you know what's going on, but I haven't a clue if the information helps or not, so figured I'd mention it anyway :p

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, ultimately I think we're going to have to look at an upgrade to vB4 because the current platform and more recent releases of PHP, etc aren't playing ball.