We're live!

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Yay, we're live! games.thehavennet.org.uk is open for business, officially. Get your friends and let's have a par-tay. *boogies*

A big thanks to the Admins and Mods who came here early to help get things sorted out and get to grips with the new board. You guys are great. :)

F

Fi$hy

Oh god, I am so very afraid!!

(and just after I reached 100 posts as well lol)

Couple of questions:
1, What happens to the Forums over at base camp (www.thehavennet.org.uk)
2, Will this site be a forum? or will it have a similar frontpage to THN eventually?
3, When meeting peeps online, should I show them in this direction? or the original THN?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Question about the new site

Answers to your questions, fi$hy.

FI$hy said:
What happens to the Forums over at base camp (www.thehavennet.org.uk)

Quoting myself from my announcement: The www address will be retasked to be a sort of THN central hub, bringing together news and information from all the sections (where at all possible) so that the latest and greatest is visible in one place. Of course, if you want to get involved you'll need to go to the particular section itself. That page will also have links to all the sections (and snow at last report...!)

Fi$hy said:
Will this site be a forum? or will it have a similar frontpage to THN eventually?

The THN Hub, mentioned above, will act as our front-page. This site will just be a bulletin board for the time being.

Fi$hy said:
When meeting peeps online, should I show them in this direction? or the original THN?

To be honest, either. The question you may want to ask yourself is "Am I referring them to THN as a general interest thing, or am I trying to get them to play a game I'm interested in?" The hub will have links to here, and we will have links back to the hub, so it'll all work out in the end.

F

Fi$hy

Re: Question about the new site

Ok, I'm beginning to understand, bare with me lol

one final thing though:
games.havennet appears to be exactly the same as the original THN forums, minus Lizard lounge and S+S.

I have a feeling S+S will appear shortly (it may be that no one has posted in it yet)

but is there another completly un-gamefied forum somewhere else then? (dealing with what lizard lounge supposedly was for) as right now, the non-games stuff (such as soap opera thing) appears to be in the gaming forum.

sorry if you are all now officially confuzed :-D

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member

Systems & Software will not appear on here (unless plans change). Haven is working on a Tech section that will take over that feature.

The Lizard Lounge has pretty much split. There is all the Radio and Comedy stuff split off. Anything else... well it wasn't much and seems good food for The Chat Box and The Soap Box.

Basically, if you're not sure where to post then The Chat Box is a good spot. Moderators will take it from there.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member

I see tech taking over the software and hardware discussions as well as some soap box stuff i.e. politics and deep discussion. I guess in the long term we'll see as sometimes these things evolve on their own but thats the plan at the moment. Tech wont be live until the new year though so for now use this forum.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah, there's some obvious cross-over of topics. It'll be interesting to see where these things take off best. Some pieces may benefit from replication from section to section, but largely I think we'll try to send discussion to the best section for it.