Can't register account

Lideon

Hey guys,

There is a person who wishes to register their account on the forums, however is not able to do so due to getting an error every time they try.

They say that the error says something along the lines of "not being able to check the spam database to prevent me from being a spammer."

The account is in the name of Ennovy, if there is anything you can do, or I can tell him to do just let me know.

Cheers

Lideon

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the report. Looks like registrations have been offline for around a week. The issue is under the hood and I've reported it back to the dev-list so we'll look into it and get that back and working again.

It is possible for me to turn that block off but then we'll open the floodgates to the (literally) hundreds of automated spammer registrations and I'm not keen to do that.

Hang in there; should be fixed soon.

Ki!ler-Mk1

Could it work if we had a guest forum that is invisible to logged in users other than admins, so guests can request accounts?

I have no idea if this is a bad idea or not, but i saw a lot of wow guilds do it this way when i used to play wow in 08-10.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Could it work if we had a guest forum that is invisible to logged in users other than admins, so guests can request accounts?

I have no idea if this is a bad idea or not, but i saw a lot of wow guilds do it this way when i used to play wow in 08-10.

Better bet is have a simple "contact us" web form that emails us - much simpler and cleaner and an easy way to request help.