Defcon

Panda with issues...

I picked up defcon in the steam sale for nothing.

I'm sure at least a few other THNers have it, and I feel inflicting megadeaths on you would be therapeutic to me before I go to the arse end of nowhere for two weeks for lab work.

How does wednesday evening sound?

Is anyone interested?

Ki!ler-Mk1

Yes if theres voip, once a buddy of mine begged me to play a few times, its soo boring without voip to pretend to be a dictator.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday evening is somewhat dependent on the state of work.

I'll be posting a Friday session of games sometime today, though, so perhaps that'd be an option for then?

Panda with issues...

Wednesday evening is somewhat dependent on the state of work.

I'll be posting a Friday session of games sometime today, though, so perhaps that'd be an option for then?

Maybe. I guess it probably takes 1-1 1/2 hours for a game, assuming people don't want to play it on slow/realtime all the time?

Panda with issues...

That seems very much out of spirit with the game....

Surely delaying nuclear holocaust is a good thing.

Is there a sort of alliance tool? The most annoying part of the game is seeing your nukes shot down by someone they weren't aimed at who is also nuking the same target/being nuked by said target.

Ki!ler-Mk1

That seems very much out of spirit with the game....

True, but if you want to play chess, go play chess :)

Might as well cosy up with popular culture and go down screaming, scheming and begging for survival. As comically as possible.

Panda with issues...

I think that despite its simplicity, this game actually has a really good amount of tactical depth. I really seem to struggle with opening up my silos at the right time, I'm generally left with nukes in flight at the end of the game, which of course isn't the point at all. Of course, an ideal situation would be to launch when in the clear, except that's not a realistic possibility. If you launch too late, all your stuff gets shot down as people's other silos have reverted so Air Defence. If you target other people's silos, you're wasting potential megadeaths.

It's an interestingly difficult compromise to make.

The naval battles are a total mess, and my subs always seem to get trashed :(