GeoGuessr

Nanor

Got linked this pretty fun game. It involves being dropped somewhere on Google street view and having to pin point on the map where it is your are. I got pretty lucky with this one where I got dropped right beside the Golden Gate bridge but my Sao Paulo one was pretty spot on too 'cause I saw a road sign.

Also, sorry this isn't a game about guessing what the rock is, Panda. I know the geo my have got your hopes up. :p

Ki!ler-Mk1

Just lost 30 minutes on this searching a whole country's coast, a small one, and its a island 1500 km away even though it has " xxx of japan" written on the signs throughout the place.

That said, I did manage to figure out the name of the place, just not why I kept coming across water. ^

ilumos

I introduced the game to the guys at work - productivity has dropped to some degree... The boss got 2m on his first go (he did spend several hours on it though) and a few days later another guy got 0m. No googling involved.

DocBot

Administrator
Staff member
damnit! got within 10 meters on my first 3, then I got 2 on roads in the middle of nowhere with no landmarks. But I feel like it's cheating when you look at regular google maps as well. How about trying one of the timed ones? http://url.geoguessr.com/44BI

SgtFury

Junior Administrator
Staff member
We've added another twist to this at our work dinnertimes :).

House rules:

1min timer set for each round (if you put no pin you get 0)
No movement allowed! Where ever you get dropped you have to go from there.
And then we see what kind of scores we get, best so far has been 16000.

The no moving bit gets really annoying with the road in the middle of nowhere, but starting to get a feel for Australia vs Africa :D.