League of Legends event?

League of Legends THN game night thing

• Yes! But I'm hardcore! I want practise for ranked only!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! "FUN" sounds like fun.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes! How about a bit of both?

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes! But what is this "League of Legends" you talk about?

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No! League of Legends? Eugh. Why isn't anyone playing HoN? :'(

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

DocBot

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

We've been talking a bit about how it sucks to play against randoms in LoL. I think there's enough of us now to actually get 10 man together for a 5v5 round or two, and that would be awesome.

since I'm the one setting this up I get to decide what kind of game we're aiming for, and that's a FUN one. How we make it fun we can debate. Personally, I think it would be fun if everyone played a new character, because that would even out the odds a bit, and also take a lot of eventual prestige out of the game, which is a good thing in a game between friends :) But how we actually do it is up to the group as a whole.

If this works once, then it might work more times, and perhaps we could even try a ranked game or two (!)

So anyway, this is to gauge interest, if enough people think it sounds like a fun thing we'll decide on a date and time.

oh, and size doesn't mean everything.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
I'll provisionally show interest but you'd have to put up with a barrage of questions as its been a while ... and I'm not very good :)

Angelic

Yep, I came across this at the right time - just today a classmate of mine rekindled my interest in the game :)

I do have a lvl30 account on EUW, but I haven't played in half a year, perhaps even couple months more! I WILL be rusty, therefore.

Also, I would prefer to play a charcter I am already familiar with (Irelia, Vlad, Xin, Ryze, Morganna, Taric, Akali in Dominion) in order to be able to perform better (which, for me, = fun) and focus on getting back into good shape rather than learning a new champion.

As for amount of "seriousness" etc, I would prefer at least some level of it, like no troll-setups (we can do it once or something, but...) but most importantly no careless play that leads to feeding and no-fun lost games. Being new is OK, being lazy and bad is not. To me! This will vary from person to person I know and gods know I had many a derp moment myself :)

Also, I'm afraid we will NOT get 10 people from THN who are interested in playing LoL together at the same time. And even if we would, there's no way to get matched against a particular team, is there? We'd have to set-up custom games. What I originally had in mind was a 5-player group of us matching against pubbies :)

DocBot

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still trying to get the guys on ts playing LoL to get here and sign up but it's not going very well. I'll get a new poll up so we can decide on a date :)