Proms UPS

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Not really sure where is the best place to put this so shall try here as its technically an issue with a game server and its not really chat/soap box material.

Either way, what happened with plans to put prom on a UPS? I'm sure there was talk of it ages ago, but since vibs has accidentally just killed power to it, I'm guessing that nothing ever did get sorted in the end as it's currently le dead, and also has startup issues which extend further than just turning it back on again.

Ki!ler-Mk1

Can a UPS be connected via USB or something in order to notify software and send an email when it becomes active, or trigger a normal shutdown?

bacon

I have a Plexus V 500VA UPS that I'm not using that was considered as an option. It's currently in Kent but could possibly make it's way up to Prom sometime in the new year.
It has a USB connection and comes with Windows software to do alerts and shutdown so someone with the required knowledge may be able to make that work with linux.

VibroAxe

Junior Administrator
I've not properly been home with time to think since this was first vouched. I'll pick it up either in jan after skiing, or feb when i'm moving a bunch of other servers at the same time

E

elDiablo

FYI, I have access to a Compaq R1500H, which is a 2U 19inch UPS, for free. However, it weights like 30kg, so needs to be picked up from Oval in London. I could drive there one evening to pick it up, and take it to mine, but then some other THNers would have to move it forwards.

Just saying, it's there is anyone wants it!