Signature Image Size

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
FAQ said:
We require all members to keep their signatures within the following parameters:
<snip>
Maximum image height of 63 pixels.

Is this rule generally upheld, or can this limit be removed from the rules of the forum?

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Is this rule generally upheld, or can this limit be removed from the rules of the forum?

There was some forum upgrade a while ago where that rule stopped being enforced by the forum software so you can have a sign that's higher now, but don't take the piss :D (mine is higher than 63)

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member

As bloke says:

so you can have a sign that's higher now, but don't take the piss

The wide i43 banners don't worry me particularly.

Mk1's banner is, for me, too large.

Bloke's banner is okay.

I think what needs to happen here is that the rule needs updating.

The intention is that we're here to read the forum, not marvel at huge banners in our signatures. Any signature that substantially detracts from reading a thread it appears in is a bad signature. That's why signatures with flashing or animation are right out. Similarly, fat banners get in the way.

As with all things, it's a mixture of user and Moderator discretion.

So, for now, treat that rule as being relaxed in the specifics but enforced in the spirit as described above.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
The wide i43 banners don't worry me particularly.

Mk1's banner is, for me, too large.

Yeah. Although the i43 ones are wider than they should be, having a wider image doesnt affect downwards scrolling at least.

If you get two posts from Mk1 in a row, thats the entire browser window thats taken up!

Ki!ler-Mk1

I also think it is too large, its only there as a place holder until i get around to pming, ronin to ask for its integration, ideally into the games chat forum in some form.

Over at the EA forums i used it because they auto resize all forums, hell, right before coming on here, i wrote a complaint about someone elses sig. Because it is way too large.

I only used it so people could see the effort i have put into our server. Spending 60-90 minutes every day(18 days) seeding the server, time i happily had spare. Though it has been empty since the last patch all but made it impossible for me to seed without 2-3 friends to prop it up. Which ironic (because i no longer need to do it, and now i cant anyway) since a system to automate what i was doing anyway was just released 4 days before the patch. Turns out that guide, which i wrote, is being used by a lot of ppl lol, and google indexes it first on "bf3 seeding".

/'s head grows