Steam Integration

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to Haven's cunning rebuild of PHP to include what we need, we now have the power of Steam Integration. Oh yeah!

It's in your profile, under (shockingly) Steam Integration. You'll be taken to a Steam page saying things about how we don't get to eat your babies or steal your games but we do get some unique number from Steam telling us that you're really a Steam user. Then, if you associate your account with Steam you'll get a neato thing in your post sidebar bit that shows what you're up to on Steam.

Or, for new users, they can just create an account using Steam as their authentication method. Depends on how lazy they're feeling, I guess. ;)

I believe there's some other stuff this Steam Integration business does but I'll have to investigate further.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, yeah, turns out I needed to enable a permission... so there's a new tab called Steam in the top navigation with some bits about Steam-integrated users. Only for Registered Users mind you. Just a neat bit of collation.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
So, that little Steam profile thing in your postbit (the bit to the left of your post)...

There's a small "pull out" tab on the right of that (lighter grey than the rest) that I only found by looking at the HTML. Still, there's some semi-useful stuff there about friending users on Steam and such. Worth a check.

Also, made it so that people with (slightly) longer usernames don't have their details curtailed so viciously by making the box grow a bit bigger if it needs to. This may not work well on older browsers... let me know if you spot an issue.

Nanor

This is awesome. Can a user register to the forums by logging in with their Steam account?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
This is awesome. Can a user register to the forums by logging in with their Steam account?

Yes. They'll need to fill a coupla things in before the registration is complete, but it does away with the whole password bit.

DeZmond

Junior Administrator
Excellent work, looks very shiny. Particularly liking the "top owned games" functionality - I could forsee that being handy in trying to matchmake multiplayer games in the future.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
At this rate, it might even get people standardizing on a space after the [THN] tag to make it fit in the side bar. ;)