[TF2] Team Fortress Wednesdays

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
They're back! I've set it up as a recurring event, so hopefully it reschedules itself for every Wednesday. Might as well keep all the discussion in here.

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Ahey, :)

Ah, Wednesdays...

Pity... 95% of all Wednesdays, I have a business meeting from 9pm to about midnight, so...

Oh, well. :)

Cheers,
J.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
I'll bump this as I had to go searching thruogh the events section to find it after D mentioned it in the shoutbox.

I'll be on from about 8 / 9ish until midnight / 1am.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
There's a link in the event, silly man!

I know. Thats how I got back to this topic :p

My point was more getting at the fact that the only notification about the tf2 weds event is one small line at the bottom of the main homepage under "events",rather than this topic being at the top of the recently posted to topics (which is what I more commonly check!)

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Hoy, :)

Is this going to be repeated for other Wednesdays?

I'm usually in a meeting till around 11pm~midnight, but after that, it would be cool to join in and blow some steam... :)

Cheers,
J.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator

Is this going to be repeated for other Wednesdays?

I'm usually in a meeting till around 11pm~midnight, but after that, it would be cool to join in and blow some steam... :)

Cheers,
J.

It's normally late notice but there are a few people that will play late on Wednesday nights or in fact any other night for that matter...

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not around every Wednesday, but don't let that stop you from scheduling the event yourself. People will show up if they can, and if not you still get to play TF2 :p

And yes, I'm often around playing extrememly late GMT, so keep an eye on steam.

Zhinrak

In Cryo Sleep
Would it be possible to request that the IP of the TF2 server [and any others run by the THN] be put in the information for the group on steam?

Or at least in a thread here? I used to have it in my fav list but that got wiped a while back.

Doubt ill go on the server much but might pop in and say hi occasionally, its often too quiet for my liking as i assume most people on there uses TS instead of in-game voice. My push to talk is the same for both so would be horrible and i don't wanna change it :p

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Rousing success this week, if I do say so myself. Good to see everyone come out, let's see if we can top the attendance next week!

Event for the 27th posted here!

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Was quite good. Was on from about half 7 til half midnight so managed to rack up enough pyro hours to get over 300 :D woop.

Maybe if people are less lame next week, therell be more people around. Pingue might have finished his exams too *-)

SwampFae

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last night was epic fun. :)
Signed as maybe for next Wed. Like I said last night to D. Lots of things to do.

Buuut I am trying to include slaughter night in the planning. So hopefully, yes ^_^

Might also have two more interested thus far. So hoping for a good turnout ;)

"WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT!"

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member

Yea, I saw Faewhyn scamping around here and there, with the awesome top hat! :D

Missed you on TS3, though... :)

(I was on as [THN]McMendes.)

Cheers,
J.

SwampFae

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aaah so that was -you- ^_^
Sorry about not being on TS3. TF2 + Steam is pretty heavy on the USB Modem. Working on trying to fix the issue. But no promises

Zhinrak

In Cryo Sleep
At the risk of being completely ignored again, could someone tell me the IP address of The havens TF2 server? either on here or in a private message i cant seem to find it and its been lost from my favorites list when i got my new comp. Id like to join in next week if poss

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
The server is at promethius.thehavennet.org.uk, but it's not up to date. We simply play somewhere else, you'll have to find people via steam.