The truth about Suprnova

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Suprnova was "the" torrent tracking site a year ago until it was shut down somewhat mysteriously (with the usual raft of rumours springing up - usually involving the RIAA and MPAA). Anyway the owner has released a posting a year after the event listing what actually happened. If you're interested then have a read.

As an asside many of the old tech admins and members of suprnova have just released the latest version of their torrent tracker at snarf-it.org I guess we'll have to see if it becomes as much of a driving force as SuprNova was.

T-Bone

In Cryo Sleep
I really thought you knew that while SuprNova was down...it was still up just under a new name. So has never actually been shut down. :S

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Assume ignorance and you'll be right more than 50% of the time i.e. a safe bet :)

T-Bone

In Cryo Sleep
This is not an Assumption. A friend of mine introduced me to Sloncek about two years ago and I was speaking to him on the Suprnova forums. That was a bad experience and I hated it...everyone there is so stuck up their own arses it was shocking. But anyway....the friend of mine recieved an E-Mail about the new site just as the Inquiry was going on at the very start. I tmentioned a new site and the new man in charge (Not Sloncek) so....went and check it out and it's not a pretty popular torrent site but is staying much more low key than SuprNova. And while the name does suggest it is formed from the remnants of SuprNova people don't believe it. It's one of those things you convince yourself out of.

Yes, it's still there.