THN BB L4 Week 1

Panda with issues...

So, we get to week 4, and the Scarpeak Ravangers look like they'll run away with it...

Games this week:

Electric Mucous (Narly Bird) vs Stormclaws (Ronin Storm)
I can't think of a name (thatbloke) vs Suck on This (Panda with issues...)
Scarpeak Ravangers (ghostwolf67) vs Trax's Nitwits (traxata)

So, in game one, we have dirty (and very bloodied) skaven vs dirty rotten infected probably mutated skaven. Ronin's skaven are really the worse for wear after last weeks game with the vamps, and could be easy, ahem, 'pickings' for Mucous. Coach Narly was heard to be rubbing his fingers with glee at the prospect of kicking the (now bloodied) snot out of the depleted Stormclaw roster. The deep bench of the mucous could prove to be the deciding factor in what should be a dodgy game with no tackle on either side (and not just because the troll's 'tackle' mutated into a tentacle). However, this happens to be one game that the bloodied (did we mention they were beaten up and down?) Stormclaws might actually be able to out strength an opponent.

In game 2, we have yet another game where my vamps don't really like the idea of the taste of the opposition. If they thought the ratblood might be diseased, well, they KNOW the nurgle oozing fluids will be. Another long day for the thralls at both the hands of the Nurgle cohort and their own lieges. It's a wonder they even bother to turn up for the games at all...

Game three is STOMPbowl. The seemingly unstoppable Scarpeak Ravangers put a nicely developing squad on the field to face a hugely depleted Nitwit side. The nitwits might have hired a treeman, but he's going to have to stand very firm indeed to make up for the fact that Trax can't field a single wardancer, and is also missing 2 lineelfs. This one could be tough for the elves (as in, they're going to get smushed unless their coach can pull out something VERY special). At least they should get some serious inducements? Maybe?

Narly Bird

So Trax and I went to battle last night. It was quite funny as he actually started playing a game with a stranger and thought it was me. LOL. It was only because we were chatting through steam that he picked up on the fact he wasn't actually playing the team he was supposed to!

But he may as well not have bothered as Nuffle totally had it in for him (for those of you not in the know, nuffle is the dice god for blood bowl).

His dice were crap the entire match and mine were awesome. I was injuring his guys off left right and center on 1 dice blocks and he could hardly knock any of my guys down. It actually became really unfun as a result as it was way too 1 sided.

However having said that he did put up a good fight. At 2-1 up i had his ball carrier isolated and surrounded by about 6 of my players (i think he had about 4 players on the pitch at that point). My kid started crying and i briefly left the comp to look after him, only to see that he had somehow managed to score! Then he almost sacked my carrier on my return drive, but my awesome dice (and his hopeless dice) meant i scored to go 3-2 up, even with good play by Trax.

On turn 16 he had his freak of a Catcher within scoring distance. My son on my lap distracted me enough to misclick a blitz on the catcher, which meant i dodged into 2 tackle zones for a 1 dice block. Needed a 5+, 4+ to knock him down. And i got it!

Commiserations to Trax. With those dice there was basically nothing he could do. Its matches like that where you want to throw your computer out the window when your on the losing side. :(

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
So, Narly, I guess we'll be figuring on playing next weekend given our time disparity?

At this moment, it doesn't look like I can really do anything during the days this week, though I might get some leeway towards the end of the week; don't hold out hope on that though.

Ghostwolf67

It'll be the weekend trax if thats ok. Need to focus all my stamina and mental capactiy (what little i have) on my new job.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
When are you available Panda? It's likely I'll be busy Friday+Saturday evening, but I should be around most other evenings and also during the day at the weekend.

Narly Bird

So, Narly, I guess we'll be figuring on playing next weekend given our time disparity?

At this moment, it doesn't look like I can really do anything during the days this week, though I might get some leeway towards the end of the week; don't hold out hope on that though.
Yeah, sorry about the crap timezone and availability. Living in Japan with 2 young kids and a crazy job isn't conducive to playing Blood Bowl.

If your availability changes be sure to let me know and i will do the same.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
If your availability changes be sure to let me know and i will do the same.

So, looks like it's going to be this weekend after all. I do need to get some work done too, but I'm sure we can figure something out. What's feasible for you?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Best time for me is 13gmt start or thereabouts. I have slightly more flexibility on Saturday than Sunday.

Sure, let's go for Saturday 13:00 UK time. I need to work before and afterwards but I'll be on Steam (usually set away but that can be a lie) regardless.

Traxata

Junior Administrator
Sure, let's go for Saturday 13:00 UK time. I need to work before and afterwards but I'll be on Steam (usually set away but that can be a lie) regardless.
sometimes it even says he's offline .... but if you use steam mobile you can talk to him that way!

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
sometimes it even says he's offline .... but if you use steam mobile you can talk to him that way!

I've had instances where it has totally fallen behind and been showing you and Ghostwolf online when you're totally not. I've been switching offline/online to keep it synced, recently.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Steam has recently been updated to support offline messaging so it really shouldn't be an issue regardless

Narly Bird

Ok, i will shoot you a pm when i jump online this evening my time (13gmt yours).

What's your steam username? I will add you as a fried. Actually, I joined the THN group on steam recently (courtesy of Thatbloke), so i guess i can see your username there. :eek:

Panda with issues...

Earlier in the week bloke and I had our game, but I didn't have time to write a proper report, and now I can't remember.

The game ended 1-1, and I was somewhat surprised bloke only had 2 nurgle warriors, meaning I out strengthed him and was more agile to boot.

Bloke won the toss and decided to kick, forcing me to do the early running. The team were up to their usual tricks of failing bloodlust rolls, and there was a humourous stretch of maybe 4 turns where I bloodlusted and kept drinking from the same thrall on the ground over and over, keeping him stunned. Bloke's beast of nurgle was acting the moron throughout much of the game, and I scored with ease in turn 5, and held on for the rest of the half. I was down a few players, and notably bloke knocked out my S5 vamp, who refused to return for the second half.

Bloke and bloodlust eventually wore my team down until bloke equalised in the second half, and although I had time, I was suffering on players to equalise with, whilst bloke could still field 11. I had to go for a long passing play, and the ball wasn't caught, falling around the LoS on my left side. It ended up with a scrum, and though there was one chance for me to pick it up and break away, I ran out of rerolls and fumbled it.

Bloke then got the pick up, and manoeuvred some rotters to within scoring distance, but failed the handoff in the final turn, leaving the result a rather fair draw. I was somewhat surprised to find out rotters are actually AG3, I thought they were 2. Bloke was somewhat surprised to realise that he could have more than 2 warriors on the roster, and promptly bought another after the game. Likely only having 2 could be the reason ghostwolf caused him problems.