TS3 - Bear with me

luc

Junior Administrator
No doubt some folks have noticed the inconsistency that TS3 has been exhibiting lately, this has all centred around issues communicating with the database. Given there have been no changes that I'm aware of that could have caused this, I've been trying to solve the issues over this weekend.

There have been a few steps already undertaken, including updating the TS3 server and the MySQL version, as well as fruitless attempts at restoring from an older backup. My knowledge of MySQL is limited, so I think any further attempt I make at recovering the existing installation is unlikely to be fruitful.

Thankfully the server it's on can be rebuilt as a last resort, it will just take me a day or so to get the permissions and structure up and running again. I'm going to leave it this week and see how it goes, if it's still not improved I'll rebuild the server. Please bear with me during this time.

tl;dr - Things are a bit broken, I've done various things in an attempt to solve it but they haven't worked. I'm leaving it a week with the last batch of changes, if the server is still having issues I'll rebuild it from scratch next weekend. In the meantime, please bear with me.

Update:
There have been a few points where the server has gone down during the week, most notably a couple today (Fri 11/10/13) so I decided that enough was enough. You may get an identity message come up, that's OK - it's because I've re-imaged the server and re-instated the TS3 server from a backup. If it's still playing silly buggers come close of play Sunday I'll do a full rebuild.

tl;dr - Don't worry about the message popup, it's all OK, just did a server reinstall.