World Cup Forum Game

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
For something a little more hands on than Tet's sweepstakes (and since I'm running this exact same thing elsewhere as well) I bring you the Extreme World Cup Gambling-Type Forum Game.

The rules are pretty simple:
  1. Anyone can play. Simply make a bet (up to e$100) and you're in.
  2. Everyone starts with e$100 to bet as they see fit. You'll also be given up to e$50 a day as a loan if you have no money or if you'd like to bet more money than you have. Loans will be deducted from your total as you take them. As of the end of the group stage, two loans are available per day, totaling e$100.
  3. You are free to make bets on a match from the time the odds are posted until the time the match starts. Simply make a post stating the outcome you're betting on, and how many e$'s you're risking. You're allowed to bet on different outcomes for the same match, or add to earlier bets. Odds will be given in the standard w/b format. That is, if you chose the right outcome, you win w dollars for every b dollars you bet, and your bet is returned. If you chose the wrong outcome, you get nothing and your bet is not returned.
  4. Don't edit posts that contain a bet. If you'd like to add to an earlier bet, just make a new bet and it will be added. Once a bet is made, it can't be reversed.

That's all there is to it. I'll try to have odds posted in the evening before matches, and will update the standings at least once a day. If there are any questions about how this works, just post and ask. :)

Current Leaderboard
Code:
Panda		241.33
killer		150
Tetsuo		51.26
Haven		0
Traxata		-50
Iron Fist	-150
Waterproofbob	-300
thatbloke	-400
Nanor		-462.69
Wol		-600

Nanor

I'd like e$25 one Mexico to beat South Africa and e$25 on Uruguay to beat France. :)

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
With around an hour to go until the first match, things are heating up! We have bets all over the place, with a definite bias towards a Mexico win and a Uruguay/France draw. Haven is so sure about France that he's risking it all. But not as sure as Panda with issues, who's dropping his entire savings and a e$50 loan on Mexico.

There will be tears. Who will come out on top?

If you've got any last-minute bets, make sure you get them in before kickoff.

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Though they controlled the first half, Mexico couldn't capitalize and South Africa took advantage. Two goals in the second half and no shortage of excitement at the end leaves us with a draw.

Wol walks away with e$115, with killer, bob, and trax each settling for e$46. Panda loses big and is out of the running, at least until he can float another loan tomorrow.

Code:
Wol			165
Waterproofbob		136
Traxata			126
killer			116
thatbloke		80
Tetsuo			55
Nanor			50
Haven			0
Panda with issues	-50

The next match begins in a little over two hours. For those who just won some eCash, feel free to put it towards that match however you see fit.

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
In anticipation of someone doing this again, was this 2 bets of 20 or 2 bets of 10?

I actually read that as he is betting 20 that both matches are ending in draws. As we are after the fact and there are no odds to cover that bet, I guess one of your options is going to have to do :p.

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if your bet is open to interpretation, I'll interpret it however it makes most sense to me. If you'd like to play it safe, be explicit.