You enter a toilet - there's no toilet roll on the roll ... what do you do?

You walk into a toilet and there's an empty roll on the roll holder, do you:

• I'm a lady and we have no need to toilet, your question is irrelevant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panda with issues...

This poll isn't nuanced enough. For example, is it a public toilet or a private one?

If it's a public one, can you even open the roller thing? Is it one of those disasters which doesn't roll properly and dispenses half a square at a time? In that case it's perfectly legitimate to remove the roll from the roller if possible in order to properly clean yourself. Is there a toilet gremlin?

If it's a private toilet, do you know where the spare rolls are? Can you operate the mechanism to replace the roll without damaging it? What is this person's etiquette? Do they prefer the empty tube left on to remind them to buy more?

IS THERE EVEN A ROLLER? In my current abode, when I moved in, I was confused to find no toilet roll holders at all. As such, I'm now somewhat confused when I have to operate one these days. I don't know if I'd ever go back to using one if I had the option.

What about criminals who have the roll roll from the back rather than the front? - These people are savages, and for the good of humanity you should ALWAYS sort out the roll so that it dispenses from the front for them, no matter the damage you may cause to their fixtures (the damage they've caused to your psyche is far, far worse). I firmly believe that genocide is not an overreaction to people who roll from the back.

Nanor

I just drag my rear end along the carpet back to my table when I'm finished.

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Hey, :)

In my place, the roll holder has storage for about four spare rolls. Usually, my wife restocks the holder and spares, but when the roll in the holder runs out, I just take a roll from the spares and perch it on top of the roller. It's not precarious at all, it's actually quite stable. In fact, I go through the trouble of removing the empty roll and recycling it, but I won't stick the new roll in the roller, because it's way more hassle than it should be.

On the other hand, when the spares in the holder run out, I have to apply contortionism to be able to reach the cabinet where the full roll supply is, from my seated position in the toilet. I won't stand up in that particular status, unless I absolutely have to. Now, the civilized thing to do in that situation would be to restock the holder with spares again, but I must confess I almost never do that...

It occurs to me that I have no idea why I'm explaining all of this to you. It must be because I'm in between meetings here in Geneva, and I'm bored out of my skull... :)

Cheers,
J.

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
My roller is in a retarded place right behind my right shoulder as I'm on the throne. Thus making using it really tricky. So although I keep a roll on the roller as I'm civilised and ting. I actually use a loose roll that I keep stood on its end.

Ghostwolf67

I usually change it... usually. I went through a phase of taking a new roll out and then laying it on top of the empty roll. So halfway between placing it on a surface and changing it. Those were crazy times.

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Hoy, :)

taking a new roll out and then laying it on top of the empty roll. So halfway between placing it on a surface and changing it.

Mmmmmno, the empty roll is a surface, and quite a precarious one at that, so, no, not halfway at all...! :D

Cheers,
J.