[i43] Telford Venue Video!

Huung

Looks very much like 2x Stoneleigh. Clanboxes look fine, boxes themselves seem to be wider than the Newbury ones, so I'd guess we'd have extra rows rather than longer ones.

The one main "hmmmm" point I had watching the video was the camping area. If indeed it is just that giant circle of grass I'll be pretty miffed, as it means every camping area is the noisy area. It also means we can't group up quite as nicely at Newbury, but it is the noise/buttscratcher/flying objects factors I'm most concerned about.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Looks very much like 2x Stoneleigh. Clanboxes look fine, boxes themselves seem to be wider than the Newbury ones, so I'd guess we'd have extra rows rather than longer ones.

The one main "hmmmm" point I had watching the video was the camping area. If indeed it is just that giant circle of grass I'll be pretty miffed, as it means every camping area is the noisy area. It also means we can't group up quite as nicely at Newbury, but it is the noise/buttscratcher/flying objects factors I'm most concerned about.

There were suggestions put forward on the forums that the camping area should have roped off "walkways" between it, to split it into 4/6 sections or something like that. While it still won't be a proper split between quiet/noisy, it's nothing some decent earplugs from kustom won't fix.

I personally like the look of it. As long as they get the ventilation sorted and stop nooblets from throwing shit around then i think it will be teh awesomez :D

Huung

I don't want to have to resort to earplugs just to be able to sleep, but yes, it's an option.

I can just imagine that area gets largely trashed, much like the fenced-in area at Stoneleigh did. Ah well, here's to hoping we can camp around the edges or something, and try and avoid the worst of it.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
I don't want to have to resort to earplugs just to be able to sleep, but yes, it's an option.

I can just imagine that area gets largely trashed, much like the fenced-in area at Stoneleigh did. Ah well, here's to hoping we can camp around the edges or something, and try and avoid the worst of it.

Yeah, the camping area does look a bit small for a 3000 person lan.

3dge

Why do they show the double rooms of the hotels? We're gamers, we don't have girlfriends and if we did we wouldn't take them to a LAN... ;)

(Ok, yes we have one couple,..shaddup)

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Feet smell, tbh thats even worse than the same way around.

Because fat wol likes splurging in a double room, and double rooms are the same price as single rooms?

I've got a double double room booked at the holiday inn btw if anyone wants to share the price for a double bed in a hotel (with a nice ensuite shower), rather than camping.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
What do you want to bet that at some point there will be an announcement asking people not to let other people use the shower in their hotel room :)

lol. or just sleep in there altogether. I'm sure you could fit an awful lot of people if they dont mind spooning :p

Traxata

Junior Administrator
Because fat wol likes splurging in a double room, and double rooms are the same price as single rooms?

I've got a double double room booked at the holiday inn btw if anyone wants to share the price for a double bed in a hotel (with a nice ensuite shower), rather than camping.
How much Wol? :p

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
How much Wol? :p

It was the pre "discount" prices, but on the cancellable rate, so I can still cancel it until the day before EAS. Was £240 for 4 nights for the room, so would be £120, including EAS night. Double bed, ensuite, usual holiday inn room.

Or if youre willing to spoon with someone else then it'll be half the price :p

edit to add: Spoon with someone else, in the other double bed, not mine! Just to clarify :)

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
wait so you have two double beds?

Guest Name:

WOLOLOL
Number of Rooms:

Room Type:

2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING
Rate Type:

Best Flexible Rate
Number of Guests:

2 adult(s)