[i45] LANBUS!

bacon

So ... Seeing as the i44 LANBus was such a success would people like to do the same thing again for i45? If so, who would like to join in?

There will be a number of things to consider if we do choose to go ahead but this thread is just to gauge initial feelings towards the subject.

FYI, this is the route we took for i44:
picture.php

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Depending on who wants in and who doesn't, I'm happy to sort myself out or get in the LANBus, depending on space available - really don't think we'll fit any more than 6 people + gear in there!

bacon

Depending on who wants in and who doesn't, I'm happy to sort myself out or get in the LANBus, depending on space available - really don't think we'll fit any more than 6 people + gear in there!

Well. We can go up to a 12 seater for the same price but I'm not sure how much luggage space that has. I'll have to go over there at some point and ask to see one.

Huung

I see Watford just on the edge of that map...
If I have to travel back down south again prior to LAN, I might well try and make it down just for the experience of LANBUS. As it stands, I'd hope to be driving in a SW direction directly to Telford...

bacon

I see Watford just on the edge of that map...
If I have to travel back down south again prior to LAN, I might well try and make it down just for the experience of LANBUS. As it stands, I'd hope to be driving in a SW direction directly to Telford...

There's an updated version that includes Vibs proposed journey to me in Guildford before picking up the bus if that helps:

C4nDk.png

Silk

There's an updated version that includes Vibs proposed journey to me in Guildford before picking up the bus if that helps:

C4nDk.png

Way overcomplicated... why not straight down M1 to A then B, C etc? Or got peoples not marked on map to pickup?

bacon

Way overcomplicated... why not straight down M1 to A then B, C etc? Or got peoples not marked on map to pickup?

Good point, but:
  • A is Vibs who we didn't collect this last lan
  • The bus is hired from a company at B. If we can find a cheaper one elsewhere we'd review the plans.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Starting in Stevenage, you say? Coz I think some other LANers live near there...

So are we going to end up with a lanbus convoy....

if we have:

bacon
bob
bloke
3dge
pingue
wol
vibs
capella
huung

then thats already hit the 9 person limit i reckon you could reasonably expect in a 12 seater minibus with the kit.

Not sure how many photos showed it, but the 9 seater minibus had 2 seats full of kit piled up, as well as the boot packed full.

I think bacon needs to go on a recce one lunchtime :p At least you already know the dates to preorganise it!

How about running 2 lanbuses instead? Of course the guildford one would have to be "The Original" LANBus ;-)

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Or possibly a LANBus and a LANVan

Could possibly end up a bit less social for the 2 people in the lanvan.

Dunno what the price diff is between hiring 2 of what we got this time (which can easily do 6 ppl), so 12 ppl overall. compared to a 12 seater minibus with 11 people (2 in the front along with driver is usually a bit too much of a squeeze unless theyre tiny as there was barely enough room for my camera for doing videos on the way up even without a person there!) + 2 in a van.

I'd imagine doing 2x 9 seater is possibly cheaper?