[i45] LANBUS!

Ki!ler-Mk1

I am interested too, heh, depending on how close to the M1 you go, additionally, its only £60 ish return on the train to the m1-m25 ish distance from lincolnshire.

Based on the price in february, £90(60 after a 20mile drive) return to stevenage (if it went there) which is acceptable.

VibroAxe

Junior Administrator
I don't yet know what lans i'll be able to make next year.. But if i'm there i'm all over this lan bus!

Ki!ler-Mk1

Can ye guys recap what the prices are for the rentals, and the rough cost per person, a person contemplating can expect?

bacon

Can ye guys recap what the prices are for the rentals, and the rough cost per person a person contemplating can expect?

Good timing:

6Nsol.png

[LONG=Vans]
vHDh0.png

[/LONG]

For i44 we had the Tourneo 9-seater and fuel was £85 total split between 6.

I will check license conditions on the 15-seater 'cos I know you can drive one on a full car license but the hire/insurance company may have their own restrictions.

Ki!ler-Mk1

Given that it is 6 months away, i am thinking of buying early bird just in the hope i can find something, i nearly booked it anyway yesterday.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
So the options would realistically be:

2 x 9 seaters = £512 + fuel = 12 people

1 x 12 seater + 1 x van = £259 + £157 = £416 + fuel = 13 people (assuming 11 + 2). At a stretch could get another 2 in in the tiny middle front seat but thats usually a pain.

The fuel and mileage limits worked fine from guildford to telford via southampton, but if you start adding stevenage into this mix then fuel is going to start going up as well as definitely going over the mileage limit, thus imposing some more moneys. Would be looking at £20 or so for the few hundred miles over youd probably end up doing, so not a lot in the grand scheme of things really.

Basic route from guildford > soton > stevenage > leicster area (if mk1 is in on it and can get there) to telford is looking at about 320 miles and 6 and a half hours, so thats earliest arriving at half 2 pm at telford assuming no traffic and no stops for loading. Would add on another £40 or so in fuel? (230 miles = £85ish, so 320 miles ....)

Unless we split it and have one bus that does stevenage > leicster > telford, and then have a separate bus that does guildford > tilford > chichester > soton > telford, rather than all going up in one? But that doesnt sound quite as fun. And if we hired 2 vans from them, then we'd need two drivers from bacons. Unless vibs fancies driving down to guildford the night before?

soton>telford via stevenage adds 50 miles / 1 hour.

stevenage > telford via soton adds about 140 miles and 2 and a bit hours.

Ki!ler-Mk1

Question:

Have you considered taking say the 15 man vehicle, and one of the transport (of goods) vehicles, thats at least 17-18 ppl. That is certainly cheaper than 2x 12s

Ki!ler-Mk1

I didnt see the wiki page. I hate the phrases "did you even?" or "you didnt" there must be a more polite way to say that. Especially when people are trying to be helpful. I read that post, i must have glossed over the sums part or something.

I cant edit the wiki :0

Very nice of you to consider me for leicester, i can get there afordably (based on costs for trains in feb, it costs £30-40 return, currently looking at alternatives on that route, but i dont think that price can be beat) and on time, though i will need to invest in a new computer tower, which i can do (for anything other than car all the way).
Update:
Found this handy diagram to work out how to get to the blue line. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/maps/nationalrailnetworkmap.pdf

Some of the options are suprisingly cheap, i have checked about 40 combinations based on prices in february on thetrainline(better site anyone?), from 7 stations to variaus places including birmingham, and boston to leicester is by far the cheapest at £30. So good pick whoever chose leicester.

Traxata

Junior Administrator
I didnt see the wiki page. I hate the phrases "did you even?" or "you didnt" there must be a more polite way to say that. Especially when people are trying to be helpful. I read that post, i must have glossed over the sums part or something.

Very nice of you to consider me for leicester, i can get there afordably (based on costs for trains in feb, it costs £30-40 return, currently looking at alternatives on that route, but i dont think that price can be beat) and on time, though i will need to invest in a new computer tower, which i can do (for anything other than car all the way).
Update:
Found this handy diagram to work out how to get to the blue line. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/maps/nationalrailnetworkmap.pdf

Some of the options are suprisingly cheap, i have checked about 40 combinations based on prices in february on thetrainline(better site anyone?), from 7 stations to variaus places including birmingham, and boston to leicester is by far the cheapest at £30. So good pick whoever chose leicester.
There may also be a charge for your fuel etc, I think there is a limit to the mileage bacon can do in one trip and after he reaches that has to pay X pence / Mile. I vaguely recall something about this in IRC earlier that excluding the extra trip up to Leicester they are within the 500 mile trip. Someone else will probably clarify exactly what that was though as I'll more than likely be driving myself up :)

Ki!ler-Mk1

There may also be a charge for your fuel etc, I think there is a limit to the mileage bacon can do in one trip and after he reaches that has to pay X pence / Mile. I vaguely recall something about this in IRC earlier that excluding the extra trip up to Leicester they are within the 500 mile trip. Someone else will probably clarify exactly what that was though as I'll more than likely be driving myself up :)

I actually wanted to ask about that, but wasnt sure if it was too presumtuous, now you've openned the door, are you suggesting you/they dont want/need me to chip in on the cost of the van over short distance(but would fuel) or are you just making double sure given my previous lack of reading skills that i was aware it is the cost of the rental AND the fuel, which raises a further but easily answerable question. And makes sure i dont wrongly calculate my overall travel costs.

Two vehicles, with people and their stuff randomly distributed, makes sense to me to split it all, regardless of who is where. (yeah er, wheres the question? :p)

PS, lanbus needs a FAQ.

First question, if an individual gets onto the lanbus near to the end of its route would that person still be in it for an even split of the rental/fuel costs, or rental/fuel for that leg, or just fuel?

I dont know what the answer would be, but i would say that without lanbus i wouldnt be able to go. (unless lanbus came to £120 including trains, would make estimated train cheaper)

You guys may already be aware of it of course but after what Trax has said i dont know where i stand.

That said, with my train fare at ~£35 return. And boston to telford(not venue) costing an estimated £110 (3 trains). It has to be more cutting down on the hassle factor and +ing up the fun factor.

This is all due to lack of imformation that i write this, but i would hope lanbus would come to less than £60.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
From £85 fuel for the single van last time . with 2 vans and more weight, and further to go, I'd estimate about £240 overall for fuel. Plus the van hire at about £450 would mean ~ £700. divided by 14ish people makes it about £50pp.

I think dividing it down as "you pay for the distance travelled" just starts to get more confusing. especially if we're not doing direct routes either.

e.g. if i was paying from soton to telford, i wouldn't want to be paying for the extra faff which is via stevenage / leicester. In the same way that bacon / 3dge (poss - 3dge - are you going to agree to this? ) probably dont want to pay for the trip to soton considering the round trip theyre going, and considering theyre driving. That way I kinda think its just easier splitting it rather than faffing around being petty with the usual restaurant banter of "oh, well you had alcohol, but i didnt have pudding, and only had water, but i did have a big main" etc...

The other thing I'd like to propose is 1) bagsy front video seat and 2) Leaving as clost to normal time from LAN (4pm) as possible?

Wol

In Cryo Sleep

Unfortunately, on the internet, people are expected to be able to read for themselves. A lot of people seem to fail to be able to do this (just google for basic programming problems, and you'll see a wealth of people who just dont know how the hell to google for stuff), so being spoon fed stuff just after theres been a link within the last few hours with the info in starts to irk some people.