Steam Trading Cards

Cookalarcha

I'm in the card beta too. I have some to trade as well as to collect for those doing it. I also have some of the emoticons and backgrounds to trade as i have a couple doubles i want to swap for ones i don't have.

DocBot

Administrator
Staff member
oh? well I feel dumb now. To feel even more dumb: What do I do with my cards?

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Right, here's what I've got available for trade. I'd prefer TF2 cards in return, but happy to trade laterally if it helps someone else out.

FTL
330x192
330x192

Half-Life 2
330x192
330x192
330x192
330x192

Portal 2
330x192
330x192
330x192
330x192

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you find the image links for the above?

Actually, realised I can just go to my profile in my browser, look at my inventory, and pull the cards from there:

Don't Starve
330x192

Monaco
330x192

13/07 - one Wendy swapped, still have one to trade.
15/07 - all Willow's gone, still have a spare Wendy though.

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
More cards available for trade in addition to my previous post, looking for TF2 or Summer Sale cards.

Don't Starve
330x192
330x192
330x192

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Not a problem. I'll find you tonight or this weekend, one of your Wendy cards is fine.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
After that trade with D, I am now only in need of a Wilson to complete my Don't Starve set...

Also looking for TF2 cards: Phantom Lancer, Riki, Tiny, and Tusk.

Silk

Once you trade out cards can you re-obtain more in game? If not unsure how the trading system would ever work.. you swap one out get one in but there's never a net gain.

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
It's an intentionally limited economy. There are booster packs, though they seem fairly rare.

Silk

It's an intentionally limited economy. There are booster packs, though they seem fairly rare.

So unless you have pretty generous friends you won't get full sets for all your games.. e.g. I trade four FTL cards for four BL2 cards, complete BL2 set but now have zero FTLs. Bad news for anyone who has OCD about collecting everything! ;)

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
The solution, of course, is to spend money. That's like 90% of what collecting is about, right?

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Right, I've got a duplicate Prison Architect summer sale card. Willing to trade it for another summer sale card I don't have.

It's gone, along with a couple others. I've updated my previous posts with what's still available.

Silk

Much as I would buy / trade the summer cards on the market, steam has me blocked out from there until Friday (due to using a new payment method i.e. paypal, which I had to do as their card servers were down.. little did I know this blockage would occur.)

Dunno when sale ends but might need someone to help me finish my summer card collection either by buying them and selling them to me or something else. :)