TS down again

P

Pograts

TS is down for me. Anyone else have the same problem?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Back again. I think poor ol' Destiny is running out of memory, which is bringing TS3 down. Unfortunately, the stuff that was done to try to prevent out of memory issues were bringing the forum down so I'm not sure that we've got a good solution yet.

Hang in there and just report when it falls over, ideally soon as. Thanks for the reports so far.

I'm going to be off 'Net for most of the weekend, however, so we may be in for a temporarily bumpy ride.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
I think there are occasional server or connectivity coughs that don't help diagnosis, but when it goes down properly it is down 'til a serverop intervenes (currently me or Haven).

Keep the reports coming, though.

Kasatka

Yeah its up/down randomly - i was connceted but someone else couldnt get on. then i dropped to check and neither of us could, so thought it was down.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah its up/down randomly - i was connceted but someone else couldnt get on. then i dropped to check and neither of us could, so thought it was down.

No worries, keep letting us know and we'll keep checking it :)

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
I idd have an issue with connecting earlier today, I will admit - does seem ok now though

Traxata

Junior Administrator
More than likely most of that is going to be Vib's router shitting on everything. I had a couple of drops earlier too.

Razaak

I cannae get on...

<17:28:00> Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak3.thehavennet.org.uk
<17:28:00> Trying to connect to server on teamspeak3.thehavennet.org.uk
<17:28:06> Failed to connect to server

No updates available for TS3, I appear to be running the current version.

3.0.1 build 15001

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
I tried at 17.41 and was able to connect, there were at least 10 others on at the time so maybe it was a blip or something...

VibroAxe

Junior Administrator
Its definitely still up - been up for 5 hours since I restarted it earlier this morning. Lots of people connected so not just up for me.

I'm wondering if this is todo with TSDNS and caching somewhere. See if it sorts itself out after a day or two?

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering if this is todo with TSDNS and caching somewhere. See if it sorts itself out after a day or two?

TSDNS is exactly that - it just directly clients to the correct server and port using a simple lookup. The DNS pointing to TSDNS has not changed and a so its a live lookup every time. Unless folks are having issues resolving destiny (where TSDNS is hosted) then I can't think what could be causing the issue.

I'll drop a note on the dev list about TSDNS ports (for port forwarding) and we'll get it moved in the next day or two anyway.