[FIXED] 2 site bugs

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed two bugs while I've been browsing. Just recording them here to remind me to fix them and to let everyone know that I've spotted them.

1. The Donations block is now reporting that funds will run out at the end of August. It should say "end of July". Probably made an assumption in there that the current month is the one they'd run out in. May be related to the oddity that the calculations deducted another month on the 31st, not the 1st.
  2. The events block shows up on pages other than the front page even when there are no events to display. It should not display at all.

Not got time to fix these this week. I'll look at them next week.

E

elDiablo

Re: 2 site bugs

Noticed another thing too. Although you have made it so people can't ignore themselves (I didn't try this. What are you talking about?!), it seems you can add yourself as a buddy (*ahem* I'm not that lonely that my only friend is myself), which seems a little weird! :D

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member

That'll be a core issue, but thanks for raising it.

Core code changes I leave to the vBulletin team and then we can get the code updates as part of our maintenance fee.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member

Well, they turned out to be trivial fixes so I just solved them in the past 15 minutes. :)

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another tiny little obscure bug for ya:

The "Today's Birthdays" link on the right hand side (using blue2 scaling here) works fine on the main page, but links wrong on any other page (when viewing subforums, threads, etc.) Clicking on it takes me to birthdays for January 1st, 1970. Doubt that's by design :p

E

elDiablo

Good spot BiG D, same for me (blue2 scaling).

Edit - Changed "Big spot" to "Good spot" :D