[Minecraft] The Relaunch

ZOMFG Minecraft death

• LETS KILL THAT ENDERDRAGON

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Nah, I'm a wimp or just want to see the options.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
So it's been a while since the server has been happily running due to so many updates, and lack of effort on my part to keep up to date with them whilst running the Minecraft stuff at iseries for the last half a year or so.

Either way, we've come to the conclusion that we don't play enough proper minecraft (e.g. thats not just parkour or spleef or building), so am tempted to try and do a full relaunch now. It's been over a year since we last had a real push on the server when we had loads on, and there has been absolutely loads added to the game since then now it's technically released, whereas I think last time was 1.8 beta.

Would anyone be interested in joining for a relaunch, with the new survival stuff, new mobs, ender dragons, potions, enchantments and all that fun stuff?

If so, I'll have a look into it, and scuttle around behind the scenes and get back to people on here \o/

Pingue

I like this idea - definitely up for a mass play through to the end (no idea how long that takes with a large group)

Have a cookie!

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
its on the MPUK forums, and facebook.

And i forgot to put a poll up :( dagnamit

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
Summary of things to get to the end:

http://www.wikihow.com/Beat-Minecraft

1) Mine stuff
2) Get more stuff
3) Nether to get stuff for potions to survive longer / mine faster and make eyes of ender
4) KILL ALL THE ENDERMEN to get enderpearls for eyes of ender
5) Find stronghold with eyes of ender
6) Find end portal
7) Die
8) Repeat from step 1 ;-)

SgtFury

Junior Administrator
Staff member
I heartly approve of this thread...although I probably won't be online if it happens :D

Been playing tekkit on another server and can highly reccomend it.

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
and due to Ronins policies, we're not allowed to change it.

GODDAMNIT. Stupid polls.

Either way - I have got a vanilla "the way it was meant to be played" server setup. only has essentials installed, nothing else, which basically does simple stuff like nicknames, chat colouring etc.

If you die, then I think you go back to your bed, but need to check this. No random tping around etc.

Because it's quite a simple setup and we don't have, I'm tempted to just whitelist it. Grab me on IRC (#thehaven) and send me your Minecraft username and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Alternatively, we can leave it open for anyone to connect and walk around, but they have to be added to a set of members to be then able to build and destroy things.

thoughts?

VibroAxe

Junior Administrator
Just white list to thn.

The real question for me is are we going to try and coop this? or just run around on our own?

Personally, i'm up for coop? ANyone else?

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
hopefully by the time ive gone out, gone shopping made dinner and relaxed a bit, I'm planning on jumping on about 9pmish. Will jump onto TS as well and see how we go from there.

Ki!ler-Mk1

hopefully by the time ive gone out, gone shopping made dinner and relaxed a bit, I'm planning on jumping on about 9pmish. Will jump onto TS as well and see how we go from there.

Are we to run the latest game version via auto update?