[Private Server] Trackmania Nations

KillCrazy

I can look in to it seeing as I have server admin privileges. Don't count on me being able to set it up in one day though. Watch this space.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
Post details on the Dev list and ask for help if you're not sure about anything.

KillCrazy

Well, I have the files ready on the server, and I've started the trackmania server, but I think I'll need a port assigned for the game. The default it's used is 5000 but I'm guessing I need one assigned for it. This is going beyond my knowledge :) Any help you can give me Haven is always appreciated.

Traxata

Junior Administrator
Master Haven, i have no idea if you replied to my dev-list mail, but if you, or someone else, did, i have a feeling it may have ventured forth into the spam folder and became washed away down the drain of shite :eek:

Ki!ler-Mk1

Well, I have the files ready on the server, and I've started the trackmania server, but I think I'll need a port assigned for the game. The default it's used is 5000 but I'm guessing I need one assigned for it. This is going beyond my knowledge :) Any help you can give me Haven is always appreciated.

The default maps will be fine for starters.

KillCrazy

Well even though I was talking about ports and not tracks, I'd rather get some custom tracks put on the server so we have plenty of choice. Are there any map packs kicking about anywhere that you know of Ki!ler-Mk1?

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Bob posted this in our trackmania thread from a while back. Looks like there's also an official pack.

That being said, I'd prefer official tracks for the most part. There is some really good user content, but sadly it isn't the norm. The issue being that the track editor is simply too easy to use, so any idiot with half a brain can make a track, flooding the game with thier terrible terrible crap. (OH SWEET! I CAN MAKE TEXT SCROLL ACROSS THE SCREEN! IT WOULD BE SO COOL IF THAT HAPPENED ALL THE TIME!) :(

KillCrazy

Heh, well I've come across some pretty good custom tracks. There are two good servers I enjoy going on United, the B@d clan server and some other one I can't remember.
That being said, I'll certainly install the tracks from that official pack :)

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
(OH SWEET! I CAN MAKE TEXT SCROLL ACROSS THE SCREEN! IT WOULD BE SO COOL IF THAT HAPPENED ALL THE TIME!) :(

hahahah yeah that is soooo true.

I've got a mate who has made some uber cool tracks, I'll get him to send me them and I'll throw em somewhere. theey are uber, a little tricky a littel long but very well made and a big laugh when playing with a few ppl. One is a crazy maze thing.

KillCrazy

Well the server is up and running folks. Just search servers under GBR and you will see it there entitled TheHavenNet.

I haven't installed any bonus tracks yet but I can do so nearer the time we get an event going. Go take a peek and if anyone has any suggestions in improving the server then feel free to post them up here.

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
errrrr KC and i had a brief blast on it earlier and it was obvious that the set tracks are poooooooooooo.

I redownloaded that pack from above and most of them are pretty good, i can no longer remember my favourites due to having a terrible memory but hey

Ki!ler-Mk1

Its best if you do it, i just wanted to get the ball rolling, during the event itself i think that we could have the server private just to start with, also, i cant install the game at the moment anyway, but if anyone wants to play the other 2 while i try sure oknp.

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for getting this running, KC. I look forward to some racing this weekend, folks!

Ki!ler-Mk1

For tomorrow evening can you password the server and run the G series of maps from the single player, i also wonder if ppl agree with me that we can only play them "insane" maps for so long, and try some of the official ones?

Also is there a way to do map votes from ingame?