The Ship. Cloak and Dagger extraordinaire!

Ghostwolf67

So there once was a game called the Ship. One of the few source games i have never played. It was, in this mans humble opinion, a bit pricey on release waaay back when. So it faded away into obscurity.

Then valve gave it away free. Let the games begin!

We played last night (Ronin, Panda, Velaphor, Gribley and myself) for hours and had a riotous laugh at the antics that came with the game but knew in our hearts that only with a full THN game could the true enjoyment of murder, dismemberment and getting away with it scott free be had.

The hatched plan is this then. This weekend coming (probably sunday) we shall convene once more for murder under the watchful eyes of Mr.X (not the guy in the wheelchair, he was a proffessor) and we'd like whom ever wishes it to attend.

Passengers, who are by no means murderers.
Ghostwolf67
Pandawithissues...
Velaphor
Mk1

Panda with issues...

There's an event on the calendar. Sign up there too.

I haven't achieved my dream of butchering velaphor with a pool cue while he's taking a shower yet. (Though I did get to open the door to a toilet cubicle and surprise ghostwolf with a blunderbus to the face while he was taking a dump, not to mention setting gribley on fire with a sniped flare gun shot as he stood at a bar, having a genteel cup of coffee). - Some might say his coffee was A TAD HOTTER THAN HE LIKED IT!

Traxata

Junior Administrator
I would but I doesn't has it :( all of them 'free copies' apparently failed miserably

Velaphor

I was the last to get the free copy as it ended on the 2nd Jan sadly this meant that I didn't get the free copy and the free give away stopped. People assumed that the copies would magically turn up if they signed in rather then actively chasing it up.

Shigan

In Cryo Sleep
Right, I have just bought it in order to play this sunday and I have been given two free copies to hand out (they went into my steam inventory) which means that the next two people to PM with the words "You are a God Mr. Zeejin" will get a copy. Or I'll settle for the next two people to PM me.

**Update**
Trax and Huung have my copies now so pester them cause apparently this will give them a free copy to pass on as well.

Velaphor

Right, I have just bought it in order to play this sunday and I have been given two free copies to hand out (they went into my steam inventory) which means that the next two people to PM with the words "You are a God Mr. Zeejin" will get a copy. Or I'll settle for the next two people to PM me.

Awesome more people the better tho I'm totally confused on how the ship is giving these extra copies out :S

Shigan

In Cryo Sleep
When you buy the ship, you get 2 copies to hand out. When you gift them, each person the original purchaser gave them to get a single giftable copy to hand out as well...so it's basically buy 1, get 4 free. The giftable copies appear in the Steam inventory

Huung

Awesome more people the better tho I'm totally confused on how the ship is giving these extra copies out :S

I don't seem to have a giftable copy... but maybe Trax does?

EDIT: That would explain things then. I got mine via Trax, so my copy is ungiftable and the last in this branch.

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Hey, :)

If there's free copies to be had, can I has one, plox? :D

My Steam ID is [THN] McMendes

Cheers,
J.

Ki!ler-Mk1

So, after a fun round, the counter says "map change in <1min", i killed 3 ppl in jail, including accidentally my quarry, and the server 1 hour bans me without warning. Lol.

Ruined my game.

EDIT: The tutorial never mentioned this.

EDIT2: Nope, its a permanent ban. Lovely game design!

BiG D

Administrator
Staff member
You mean aside from the "mk1 is about to be kicked due to low money!" warning?