Ronin's Friday Fun

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Had some good fun with THNers last week so let's see who we can get playing this week...

Two slots:

First starting 20:30 to roughly 22:30/22:45. Shooty games, probably Tribes: Ascend, but maybe Nuclear Dawn if enough people are around for that.

Second starting 22:30/22:45 to "now I have to go to sleep" time (01:00/02:00?). Strategy games, probably Wargame: European Escalation, but maybe Endless Space if that's the best common factor.

Not sure on my availability this time, but pending being able to, would be well up for some Wargame, I need to learn how to play it properly :eek:

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I suspect Wargame will be the later strategy slot choice. Earlier shooter stuff up in the air, though. I'll see who turns up and what they've got. If we can get Nuclear Dawn together then great. If not, the free and enjoyable Tribes will be played.

Haven

Administrator
Staff member
If you change the even title to "Ronins frisky fruity Friday fun" then I'll be up for some tribes methinks.

Panda with issues...

I have time booked on the Neptune LA-MC-ICP-MS tomorrow, so may not be back until later than usual. It's taken all day to sort of half tune the collector positions of the faraday cups and clean up the beam, so could be in for a really really long one tomorrow, especially since we haven't even attached the laser ablation stage yet.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
I have time booked on the Neptune LA-MC-ICP-MS tomorrow, so may not be back until later than usual. It's taken all day to sort of half tune the collector positions of the faraday cups and clean up the beam, so could be in for a really really long one tomorrow, especially since we haven't even attached the laser ablation stage yet.

So in English, means you might be working late?

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Next one will be in two weeks. Next Friday is GW2 beta weekend and I'll be having fun but largely by myself. ;)

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
After a week off for excessive Guild Wars 2, time for another bout of Fruity Friday Frollicks or whatever it's being called now.

Same pattern as last time:

20:30 to 22:45, shooty games. I'd like to look at Nuclear Dawn but unless I can get at least four people who declare in advance that they'll be there and can/want to play ND, we'll actually do Tribes: Ascend. It's free and pretty cool.

20:45 to late, strategy games. With Panda's recent interest in Defcon and the likely profusion of copies from previous IV bundle sales, we may have a run at that. If not, Wargame: European Escalation as a 2v2 or 3v3 (THNvTHN or THNvWorld) would be awesome.

Sign up! and post below to say what you're interested in playing (and if you can/will play Nuclear Dawn then).

Xarlaxas

I should be around on Friday, and have ND, someone please remind me that I said I would play otherwise I'll probably forget again!