Ronin's Friday Fun

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's our four. Let's see what we can do with that. So, Friday, shooty slot, looks like Nuclear Dawn.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
If we can get enough for a 2v2 for Wargame, I'd prefer to do that. But, if not, Defcon sounds fine.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think that went well. Nuclear Dawn took a bit of getting over the crashes in the tutorials (which were still worth a quick look) but once we got into the game I think we all enjoyed it. Briefly 6 of us, but poor ol' Xar had overheating problems so 5 for most of the slot. And now I know what "focus on prime" means.

Not so many for Wargame but some THNvWorld 2v2 was had with some epic infantry sneak attacks and overwhelming use of flametanks to deal with Abrams. :)

More coming next week.

Panda with issues...

Well, I think that went well. Nuclear Dawn took a bit of getting over the crashes in the tutorials (which were still worth a quick look) but once we got into the game I think we all enjoyed it. Briefly 6 of us, but poor ol' Xar had overheating problems so 5 for most of the slot. And now I know what "focus on prime" means.

Not so many for Wargame but some THNvWorld 2v2 was had with some epic infantry sneak attacks and overwhelming use of flametanks to deal with Abrams. :)

More coming next week.

Once again, recon, planning and appropriate force composition won the day over artillery spam and blobbed heavy tanks.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
So, work has really taken over this week and I've not had chance to sort anything out.

In all likelihood, I'll be up for playing some DotA from around 20:30 onwards and it'd be good to get in a few games, but I don't think I'll be trying to organise any complicated dual-stream thingy for this week.

Stay tuned for something more involving for next week, though!

Xarlaxas

Still not tried DotA, might be interested in that, aye, if I'm at home. :)

Nuclear Dawn still seems to hate my computer, but other things appear to be working well.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Time for another, methinks.

Friday 17 August, starting 20:30 - shooters, probably Nuclear Dawn if we can drum everyone up again (and as Tribes is reported to have become cheat-ridden), or if there's less of us then Payday.

Then starting 22:45 - strategy, probably Wargame: European Escalation, ideally THN vs world, but 2v2 / 3v3 would also be great.

Zooggy

Junior Administrator
Staff member
Hey, :)

(and as Tribes is reported to have become cheat-ridden)

Funnily enough, I have gotten the feeling that much cheating goes on during the day, but from about 9PM on, which is when I've been playing lately, the game is quite playable.

Cheers,
J.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
GW2 isn't out on Friday so certainly not playing that then.

Could be up for some stuff; I'm totally wiped out from the last three and some weeks work but I could well be around a bit later for some Wargame or whatever. I imagine many others are LANed up, though.