[i46] Seat picker now LIVE - READ ME

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
The Seat picker is now live, but THIS HAS CHANGED SOMEWHAT since last time.

You now *HAVE* to set your game area to the type that matches whatever section we want to sit in, so if we want to sit where we were before, we need to change to RTS and then start seating ourselves up there.

Currently the "Other games" (which is what most of us are set to) is down the far end of hall 2.

You can now change this setting in the seat picker.

Where do we want to sit? As there will likely be a large number of us, we'll need to make a decision on where, FAST.

Pingue

No preference here! Where we've been the last 2 times seems to have worked, so might be worth going where we know! :D

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
I thought it had been decided that people couldnt change their game modes easily? I'm sure someone on the forums pre-lan was trying to work out where to change it from?

I'm happy with where we were in hall 2. With more preplanning then bacon and I should be able to actually sit with others this time!

Pingue: If sally is coming along this time is it worth poking her in this direction?

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
If we want to sit where we were then you need to (sic) set your game area to Console...

I have done this and am in H2-B1

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
I'd really rather not sit near console people. Mostly because consoles only at a LAN makes me sad. I'd say either if we want near the entrance again go for the BF3 area. Or go deeper into the Abyss and head down into other games.

Capella Black

In Cryo Sleep
Hmm, bf3 bit has longer rows, which either means having others sit near us (stuff nicking issues) or being in one long line, which is somewhat anti-social. I say take over the console area, or sit in the mirror location in hall three in the tf2 area. Will get mine organised and signed over ASAP.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Generally we would go back to back (I find that better than one long row), and i'd try and get us near one of the two aisles.

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
we were sat right next to the entrance last time, pretty much everyone at the LAN walked past us at some point :p

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
As bob has suggested I think we'll need to move elsewhere, based on this post on MPUK.

So I've decided to take Wol's suggestion of going into the minecraft area on, and moved myself to H2-AH34.

Can anyone else who is coming to i46 also please move yourself into that sort of area and also give me control of your seat please :)

thatbloke

Junior Administrator
Extra note - I've moved the 3 of you that have already given me control down into the MC area

Wol

In Cryo Sleep
>hate lan because minecraft has stolen everyone
>sit in minecraft area.

sounds legit.

but minecraft hasnt stolen everyone.

to be honest, it sounds a silly idea. I'd like to not be sitting with the people im going to have to see during the day. I'd suggest like one of the chunks of 24 in the tf2 area, but thats too close to CS:S for my liking and quite out of the way.

Maybe around K1 to L10 instead so away from the console people whining being away from the stage, but still that side of the hall?