Bioshock

E

elDiablo

10-11 hours of gameplay is a bit poor, imo =/

Ok, I did Halo 2 in 10, and HL2 in 15, but Halo 2 made me think I was half way through the game when it ended, and HL2 was just a bit easy on normal mode...

That's rather disappointing to know that :(

Also, I've reserved myself to only buy the 360 version of Bioshock, as I refuse to use the digusting DRM they give out with the PC version. Plus, I then get to play it in the widescreen mode it was originally made for!

Still, thank you everyone who has been posting in this thread, it's kept me nicely informed while still allowing me to avoid spoilers!

Tetsuo_Shima

In Cryo Sleep
10-11 hours of gameplay is a bit poor, imo =/

IGN quoted 20 hours or so, if I can recall correctly. I'm not too bothered either way, Prey was only gauged at around 8 hours or so but that was more than enough amusement for me. I lost interest in Oblivion after a while, too much namby-pambying around with ruins and oblivion gates for me (and the story was, to tell the truth, quite weak). I love big 100+ hour gaming sessions, like the Final Fantasy games always manage to provide, but if there isn't enough storyline to hold it together its pointless.

Ronin Storm

Administrator
Staff member
The Max Payne games and Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy only had around 20 hours play each.

20 hours outstanding game > 40 hours cookie cutter experience

SgtFury

Junior Administrator
Staff member
To me it's more about the quality of the experience rather than the quantity :D. You could take ages with bioshock setting up a very devastating trap for a big daddy every time. Or you can blast your way through it all and try and survive by the skin of your teeth. Both ways would change the amount of time needed.

Traxata

Junior Administrator
So far on the 5th B-D I've faced, you can get them outside an air vent thing and blast em from in there, or you have the good ol' run at him blast him in the back with a shotgun and run for your life electrofry him in some water and blast another hole in his back, i found that way ends up with alot more death than the hiding variety :p

E

elDiablo

Tets, Ronin and Fury: I completely agree, a few good hours of gameplay is better than hundreds of hours of rubbish gameplay. However, Zelda: Twilight Princess took me more than 50 hours (though I would estimate 15 hours of that was "useless" time I spent running around like a headless chicken), and even then I had completed everything and still had a good 8-10 hours worth of stuff to find.

For a game that is the same price, I expect more than 10 hours of gameplay. In my opinion, a game that sells for £30+ should have around 20 hours of good gameplay. I can happily complete 10 hours in a single sitting if I'm in the mood. 20 hours (as Tets said) is much better in my opinion than the 11 hours Nanor took. Now, Nanor probably played on Easy and haxed his way through, but meh :p

I was just a little worried that the game really was only 10 hours, and to me, that just seems low =/ It's my own fault for expecting too much, and I know a lot of games are around 10 hours. I just don't want to see the industry end up going "episodic" games of 8 hours, and still charging full price for them (not saying any names here...). It just seems like a way to get more money for nothing on the game devs part...

I dunno, maybe I'm just crying over spilt milk!

Traxata

Junior Administrator
If you play it on Hard elD it does last much longer ;)

And of course you get the full enjoyment out of the game :D

waterproofbob

Junior Administrator
Hmmm I haven't played single player none racing game in such a long time i can't remember how long i think is long enough. I reallly want to play this but due to a crisis lack of funds I'm currently not able to.

KillCrazy

I found that the big daddies became more and more easy to defeat as the game progressed. I'll explain why in spoilers just in case.

Using the chemical thrower gun (or whatever it's called) and with the electric gel ammo equipped, you could keep firing at a big daddy until it dies without it attacking you as it stands there being electrocuted to death. I did feel sorry for it as it felt like an execution, but it was way too easy to defeat them, especially when they are fully researched.